Filter Year: Topics: Author:
Home / Archive / 2019 - 2 (34) release Date 16.05.2019 . / WATER-INTAKE CAPACITY ASSESSMENT OF DRAINAGE WITH PROTECTIVE-FILTERING MATERIAL BY HEAD VALUE IN DRAIN AREA

Archive

Author: Grushko D. V. Domashenko Yu.Ye. Vasilyev S.M.

WATER-INTAKE CAPACITY ASSESSMENT OF DRAINAGE WITH PROTECTIVE-FILTERING MATERIAL BY HEAD VALUE IN DRAIN AREA

Topics: 06.01.02 Land Reclamation, Recultivation, and Land Protection

Abstract:

The aim of the work is to determine a correlation-regression relation between the drain specific discharge and the water head in drain area for a perforated polyethylene pipe with a protective-filtering material. A model drainage site with the average load on drainage during the vegetation period 0.12 l/(s·ha) located in Semikarakorsk district Rostov region was chosen as an object of research. The soil cover is represented by pre-caucasian and southern chernozems, characterized by heavy loamy mechanical composition (filtration coefficient of 0.12 m/day). The subsurface drain depths are 2.3–4.5 m, the drain spacing is 200–240 m. Groundwater recharge is done by filtering from the Bagaevsky main canal, irrigation water and precipitation. A correlation and regression analysis was performed during the research for the sample set, where the results of determining the drains specific discharge made of a perforated polyethylene pipe with a protective-filtering material and the water head in the subsurface drain zone are presented. It can be assumed on the data obtained, that there is a weak relationship between the specific discharge and water head, the sample correlation coefficient of the entirety varies from minus 0.47 to plus 0.21. As the sample correlation coefficient is less than zero, then a reduction in specific discharge due to drain filtration-suffusion deformations with an uncontrolled increase in pressure will be observed. Judging by the determination coefficient, about 2 % of the head change in drain area will affect the drain specific discharge while the remaining 98 % are determined by changes in other factors that were not taken into account at model building (hydraulic resistance, filter filtration coefficient, etc.).
Key words: drainage, protective-filtering material, correlation analysis, regression analysis, specific discharge, water head.
DOI: 10.31774/2222-1816-2019-2-137-149

For citation:
Grushko, D. V. WATER-INTAKE CAPACITY ASSESSMENT OF DRAINAGE WITH PROTECTIVE-FILTERING MATERIAL BY HEAD VALUE IN DRAIN AREA / D. V. Grushko, Yu. E. Domashenko, S. M. Vasilyev // Scientific Journal of Russian Scientific Research Institute of Land Improvement Problems [Electronic resource]. – 2019. – 2. – P. 137–149. – Mode of access: http:www.rosniipm-sm.ru/en/archive?n=587&id=596. – DOI: 10.31774/2222-1816-2019-2-137-149.

PDF (789Kb)

ZIP (129Kb)